Australia is one big place and there is just as much to see and do here as there is going abroad. Assuming you're covered by Medicare, you don't need to worry about your health but there are still plenty of good reasons to buy travel insurance for trips around Australia.
Lost luggage, damage to a rental car, flight delays and cancellations and theft are all situations that could quickly put a downer on any domestic holiday.
Think about it, going from one side of Australia to the other is already a 5 hour flight. A flight from Sydney to Perth can cost up to $500 – would you have enough money to pay for another flight if it was cancelled?
You are facing significant financial risk if you decide to travel in Australia without cover.
A typical domestic travel insurance policy covers:
- Luggae cover: Loss, theft or damage to luggage and personal items
- Luggage delay expenses: If your luggage is delayed or misplaced (for more than specified time) you'll be covered for any essential items of clothing and other personal items you buy, before it is returned to you
- Cancellation fees: The cost of rearranging or cancelling your journey because of unforeseen circumstances such as illness, accidents and extreme weather conditions
- Travel delays: Accommodation expenses if your scheduled transport is delayed over 6 hours or there abouts
- Personal liability: Cover in the event that you are found to be legally liable for accidental injury or damage you may have caused to another person or their property
- Rental vehicle excess: Cover for the excess payment on your rental vehicle’s insurance if the car you are driving is involved in an accident or is stolen.
- Additional expenses: Cover for additional travel and accommodation expenses if you cannot travel because of an injury or sickness
Frequent domestic traveller?
Are you in favour of a frequent city break? Whether it's Sydney, Adelaide or Perth you might benefit from a multi-trip policy designed for frequent domestic travellers. Whether travelling overseas or within Australia, if you have more than two trips planned within a 12 month period an annual travel insurance policy can be significantly cheaper than purchasing a single trip policy each time you travel.
You wouldn’t travel overseas without cover, so don’t travel around Australia without it either.
Compare domestic travel insurance Australia policies now and see how much you could save.