Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies Travel Insurance Saver

Travel Insurance Saver Reviews

Choose from comprehensive, value conscious or annual multi-trip policies that fit your needs with Australian owned Travel Insurance Saver. Policies are available to those under 70 years. Dependants travel for free with parent or grandparent. They offer 24/7 emergency assistance no matter where you are in the world. Underwritten by QBE.

Overall rating 10.0/10

Customer Experience


Value for Money


Claims Experience

Sort by: Date | Score | Claims | Value

Great service

Review by Suraya | 24 March 2015, 15:33 PM | 0 comment

Customer service was very helpful with assisting with some questions I had before travelling. Would ... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money

Great help - affordable price

Review by Fiona | 07 January 2015, 16:11 PM | 0 comment

My husband and I recently went on our honeymoon to Mexico, and the staff at Travel Insurance Saver we... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Loading More Reviews ...
Sorting Reviews ...

Travel Insurance Saver FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

You can purchase insurance for six adults and one child online. Call up Travel Insurance Saver to see how many additional people can be added to your policy.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you will be covered for a cruise. If you are cruising in Australian waters you must select Australian Travel Plan.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

If you are travelling within Australia or to New Zealand you are automatically covered for snow sports. However, if purchase international or annual multi trip cover you must pay an additional premium to cover snow sports and equipment.  

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, that’s right, kids will be covered at no added cost! Dependent children and grandchildren are included for free as long as they are under 25 years of age and not in full time employment .

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

It is up to you to choose your excess level from the available options. The amount of the excess will be shown on your certificate of insurance.

What additional extras are there?

You can cover items worth more than the item limits for the selected travel plan on payment of an additional amount (even if the amount exceeds the total luggage limit on your policy). 

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

Travel Insurance Saver doesn’t provide protection from insolvency.

I’m not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

This policy is available to travellers who are non-permanent residents of Australia if they are eligible for an Australian Medicare card and are under 60 years of age.

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

Travel Insurance Saver allows you to ride a motorbike of 250cc as long as you hold a valid license both at home and for the country you'll be going to.

How long is their single trip cover for?

12 months.

Can I extend my policy from overseas?

If you decide to lengthen you trip you can do so for up to six months. Call Travel Insurance Saver on 03 9427 9223 to extend your cover. 

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

Travel Insurance Saver includes cover of up to $4,000 for the excess of a rental vehicle in case of collision, damage or theft. You can increase the cover amount to pay this insurance excess up to $5,000 and for every $500 you increase the cover amount, you will pay an additional $20 in premiums.

What's their cooling off period?

21 days.

Who underwrites them?

QBE Insurance Limited.

Where are they based?



Under 70
Under 70
60 days
$700 per item limit
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!