- Your flight taking you to your cruise ship is cancelled due to bad weather. You have to pay for temporary accommodation, and in the end you miss your cruise. Travel insurance will reimburse you for all these unplanned expenses.
- You get off your plane to head to your cruise when there’s no sign of your bags on the luggage conveyer. If your bags aren’t delivered in time for your cruise, travel insurance
will reimburse you for any clothes you need to buy to take with you on the boat.
- You trip and sprain your wrist when you’re off the boat and need to go to hospital.
Travel insurance will cover your medical fees - doctors appointment, x-ray and medicine.
- Your wallet is pickpocketed from you. Travel insurance will cover you for any lost
or stolen items and in many cases cash replacement too.
- You become seriously ill on board the ship and need to be evacuated to
the nearest hospital. Travel insurance will pay for the very expensive helicopter
- You’ve finished your cruise and are at the airport to return home, when your passport is nowhere to be found. Travel insurance will cover any costs you incur to replace or get an emergency passport.
You can’t prepare for every eventuality but at least with cruise insurance you can set sail knowing you are protected.
We’ve got heaps more tips and guides to help you find the best cruise policy for your trip.
Use our site now to compare cruise insurance in seconds.