Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies 1Cover Travel Insurance

1Cover Travel Insurance

Want to compare 1Cover travel insurance quotes? Great, just use the quote box above to get quotes in seconds!

With over 10 years’ experience 1Cover specialises in providing travel insurance that you can count on.

Compare 1Cover travel insurance policies

  • Basics cover – this is 1Cover’s cheapest policy that only covers for unlimited medical expenses and $5 million personal liability.

  • Comprehensive cover - the highest level of cover you can buy (and most popular) which includes unlimited medical expenses, unlimited cancellation fees, $5 million personal liability and much more.

  • Domestic travel insurance – covers you for all travel around Australia including unlimited cancellation cover, $15,000 luggage and personal effects, $5 million personal liability, $5,000 rental car excess, $50,000 family emergency and any disruption of journey.

  • Annual multi-trip – covers you for as many 90 day trips as you can take in a year! If you travel often you can often save by purchasing an annual multi trip policy. This policy is only available to those under 65.

  • Seniors insurance - 1Cover recognises that New Zealanders are active travellers of all ages, still exploring the world far into their 70s and 80s.

  • Ski insurance – designed for the winter sports enthusiast their ski policies automatically provide comprehensive cover but also include extras such as helicopter rescue, out-of-pocket expenses due to bad weather or avalanche, hire of alternative equipment following loss, breakage or theft and more.

  • Family or group travel insurance – whether you're a school group, corporate group or a bunch of friends 1Cover covers up to 25 people in a group.

  • Already overseas – if you’re already overseas and forgot to buy insurance, or you’ve decided to stay longer and need to extend your cover, this is the policy for you. A waiting period may apply to any medical claims.

Unique 1Cover benefits include

  • Cover for your fluffy friends – 1Cover will pay for any additional kennel or cattery fees in the event your trip is delayed.
  • Cover for heli-skiing if you pay an additional premium.

1Cover FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

The more the merrier right? 1Cover insures groups of up to 25. That means more fun for less hassle.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you don’t even need to pick a cruise specific policy. Here’s a top tip: Even if you’re travelling in Aussie water you still need to pick pacific.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

Yes if you purchase a ski policy cover. 1Cover will cover $1,500 worth of skiing equipment. Dare devils can even ski off piste (within resort boundaries).

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, that’s right, kids will be covered at no added cost! Dependent children and grandchildren are included for free as long as they are under 21 years of age and not in full time employment .

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

Yes if you pay an additional premium when you purchase your policy.

What additional extras are there?

Along with comprehensive cover for your electronics and personal belongings, additional cover can be purchased for specified items up to a total amount of $5,000.

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

1Cover doesn’t provide protection from insolvency.

I'm not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

Sure! Just head over to their visitors travel insurance policy. So long as your trip is within Australia you will be eligible for unlimited medical cover.

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

1Cover will cover you for any engine size you ride as long as you’re insured to do so in Australia. Just make sure you get your International Drivers Permit (IDP) before you leave!

How long is their single trip cover for?

12 months.

Can I extend my policy from overseas?

Having too much fun? No problems! You can extend your policy with 1Cover for up to a year. Just give them a call on 1300 806 660.

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

Yes, for up to $5000. Cover excludes sedans, hatchbacks, station-wagon, four wheel drives, mini bus or any vehicle over 4.5 tonnes

Who underwrites them?

1Cover travel insurance policies are underwritten by certain underwriters at Lloyd's (insurer). As a Coverholder of Lloyds, 1Cover issues and manages the policies as an authorised representative of Coffre-Fort Pty Limited ABN 66 125 358 518, AFS Licence No. 472457.

Where are they based?



What do 1Cover not cover?

  • Riding without the appropriate license - riding a motorbike/ moped/scooter without a current Australian license could get you into trouble.
  • Unattended items - keep a strong hold over all your belongings as leaving your stuff unsupervised will not be covered for.
  • Being intoxicated - all claims related directly to alcohol and drugs will not be paid. Have fun in moderation!   
  • Countries with travel warnings - travelling against DO NOT TRAVEL warnings from the Australian Government is a clear no-go.
  • High risk activities - participating in risky activities such as rock climbing, parachuting or hand gliding will not be covered.
  • Flight delays or cancellations that airlines are responsible for will not be covered.
  • Pre-existing medical conditions –that exist before you travel are generally not covered.

Four Fast Facts

No age limit
Under 65
90 days
$750 per item limit

Go the green and gold!

Compare 1Cover Travel Insurance
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!