Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies Cover My Trip

Cover My Trip Reviews

Cover My Trip is a new travel insurer to the Australian market. They offer travel insurance options for a variety of budgets. Policies are available to those over the age of 80 years. All travellers aged 75 years and over at the time of application will be required to undergo a pre-existing medical condition assessment before being provided with cover. Dependants travel for free with parent or grandparent. They offer 24/7 emergency assistance no matter where you are in the world. Underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.

Overall rating 9.1/10

Customer Experience


Value for Money


Claims Experience

Sort by: Date | Score | Claims | Value

this company was very professional and quoted well

Review by Columb Frize | 05 December 2017, 22:16 PM | 0 comment

i am 83 in good health, worked until 80, had numerous insurances eg house, cars with never a claim i... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Claims Experience

Not home. Need to extend the cover

Review by Chris MacGregor | 24 August 2017, 12:56 PM | 0 comment

I tried to extend my cover using your customer link but was banned from accessing site. Can you assis... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Verified Review Chris MacGregor was invited by Cover My Trip to write this review.

Travel Insurance for Trip to Europe

Review by Marc Enners | 16 February 2017, 11:02 AM | 1 comment

I used Cover My Trip for a family trip to Europe. The insurance was easy to book and what was covered... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Claims Experience
Loading More Reviews ...
Sorting Reviews ...

Cover My Trip FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

On their website you can buy a policy for 2 adults and up to 10 children.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you don’t even need to pick a cruise specific policy.  Here’s a top tip: If you’re travelling in Australian water you still need to pick pacific for destination.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

Yes, you are covered for skiing provided you purchase their Snow Pack. You can add the Snow Pack on to Cover My Trip's comprehensive policy. The Snow Pack will cover $2,000 worth of skiing equipment (both your own and hired), $1,000 piste closure, $1,000 bad weather closure, and $100,000 emergency rescue

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, that’s right, kids will be covered at no added cost! Dependent children and grandchildren are included for free as long as they are under 25 years of age and not in full time employment.

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

Yes, the standard excess is $300, however you pay an additional premium when you purchase your policy to reduce this to either $150 or $0 .

What additional extras are there?

You can increase the Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess on your policy if you're hiring a car. You can also add high value items to your policy.

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

Cover My Trip doesn’t provide protection from insolvency.

I’m not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

No – Their policies are only available to travellers who are permanent residents of Australia unless otherwise agreed by them.  

What size moped, scooter or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

Cover My Trip will cover you for any engine size you ride as long as you’re insured to do so in Australia. Just make sure you get your International Drivers Permit (IDP) before you leave! You can ride up to 50cc with a valid driver’s license.

How long is their single trip cover for?

12 months.

Can I extend my policy from overseas?

Yes you are covered if you are delayed returning to Australia because your airline, bus or shipping line causes you delays. If you wish to stay on holiday longer, you can extend your policy from overseas but it cannot exceed 12 months in duration.You must contact OTI before your current policy expires.

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

Yes, for up to $3000. You can pay an additional premium to increase this. Cover is only available for campervans/motorhomes that do not exceed 4.5 tonnes, a sedan, coupe, hatchback, station-wagon, SUV, four wheel drive or mini bus/people mover rented from a licensed motor vehicle rental company or agency.

Who underwrites them?

Allianz Insurance Australia.

What's their cooling off period?

You can cancel your policy within 14 days provided that you have not started your journey; and do not intend on making a claim.

Where are they based?

New South Wales


Under 74. 75 years and over on application.
Under 74
Choose from 15, 30 or 45 days
$750 per item limit
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!