Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies Cover-More Travel Insurance

Cover-More Travel Insurance Reviews

Cover-More has been providing travel insurance to Australians travelling domestically and internationally for more than 25 years. With many different levels of cover, there’s a policy to suit every budget. Policies are available to those under 84 years. Dependants travel for free with parent or grandparent. They offer 24/7 emergency assistance no matter where you are in the world. Underwritten by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited.

Overall rating 6.4/10

Customer Experience


Value for Money


Claims Experience

Sort by: Date | Score | Claims | Value

Major disappointment

Review by Anonymous User | 11 January 2013, 17:01 PM | 0 comment

Family holiday to Fiji in 2010. As we arrive at at our island and resort, we discover that two of our... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Claims Experience
Loading More Reviews ...
Sorting Reviews ...

Cover-More FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

On Cover-More's website you can only buy a policy for up to 6 people.

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you don’t even need to pick a cruise specific policy. Here’s a top tip: Even if you’re travelling in Aussie water you still need to pick pacific.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

Yes if you purchase Cover-More’s snow sports activity option. This policy will cover for $1,500 worth of skiing equipment, $1,000 piste closure and $1,500 skiing pre-paid costs.

Are kids covered for free?

There is no limit on the number of children that can be covered under Cover-More Travel Insurance policies except for Corporate cover where the limit is 6. Accompanying children must be either your children or grandchildren and must be under 21 years of age and not engaged in full-time work.

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

Yes if you select their ‘buy-out’ option you can decrease your excess to nil.

What additional extras are there?

Cover-More allow you to increase the single item for luggage up to $4,500 by paying an additional premium. For multiple items the overall increase in limits cannot increase $7,000. You can also pay to increase car hire excess to $3,500.         

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

Nope, you're not covered for any claims arising from the insolvency of any travel agent, tour operator, accommodation provider, airline or other carrier, car rental agency or any other travel or tourism services provider that provides services or accommodation.

I’m not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

No, you can only buy cover if you are a resident of Australia and will be returning home before your policy ends. Non-Residents living outside of Australia can obtain Australian inbound travel insurance cover provided they return to their country of residence at the completion of the period of insurance (and within 18 months of the journey commencing).

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

You are only insured to ride a bike up to 200cc irrespective of what’s on your license. There is no cover unless you hold a valid license in Australia for the same class of vehicle you are operating overseas, and you are wearing a helmet.

How long is their single trip cover for?

12 months.

Can I extend my policy from overseas?

Having too much fun? You cannot extend your current policy, but it’s no problem to just purchase a new one. If a medical condition arises before buying the second policy, this condition may now be considered a pre-existing medical condition. So make sure you notify Cover-More if your health status changes at all.

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

If you are planning to hire a car overseas, you may want to take out additional car hire excess to avoid a hefty bill from the rental company in the event of an accident. Both Options and Travel Sure already have car hire excess in place but you have the power to increase this excess to $3,500 for an additional premium loading. You are only covered for a rented sedan, campervan, hatchback or station-wagon (including 4WDs) rented from a licensed motor vehicle rental company.

Who underwrites them?

Insurance administered by Cover-More Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145, AFSL 241713) and issued by Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507).

What's their cooling off period?

15 days.

Where are they based?



Under 84
Under 75
60 days
$500 per item limit
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!