Compare Travel Insurance Travel Insurance Companies 1st for Women Travel Insurance

1st for Women Travel Insurance Reviews

1st for Women Insurance, provides women (and their travelling companions) with peace of mind when travelling. The range of polices cater for travellers up to 100 years of age and includes dependants under 18 years of age free. They offer 24/7 emergency assistance no matter where you are in the world. Underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited.

Overall rating 8.0/10

Customer Experience


Value for Money


Claims Experience

Sort by: Date | Score | Claims | Value

Good for pregnancy

Review by JJ Adams | 04 April 2016, 13:38 PM | 1 comment

I couldn't find an insurer to cover me anywhere until I was suggested First for Women by a friend... Read more

Overall rating
Overall rating
Customer Experience
Value for Money
Loading More Reviews ...
Sorting Reviews ...

1st for Women FAQ's

How many people can I include in my policy?

The more the merrier right? 1st for Women insures groups of up to 10. Call up 1st for Women to see how many additional people can be added to your policy. 

Am I covered if I go on a cruise?

Yes, you are covered for cruises. If you are going on a cruise within Australian territorial waters and would like to be covered for on board medical expenses and evacuation then you must choose Comprehensive, Essential, Last Minute or Annual Multi-Trip Cover.

Am I covered for skiing and my equipment?

Yes you are covered for skiing if you purchase the winter sports package. Winter sports package covers medical expenses plus snow sports equipment, ski classes and piste and avalanche closure.  

Are kids covered for free?

Yes, that’s right, kids will be covered at no added cost! Dependent children and grandchildren are included for free as long as they are under 18 years of age and not in full time employment.

Can I pay to reduce or cancel my excess?

With 1st for Women Travel Insurance you can choose the standard excess of $200 or you can pay a higher premium and waive your excess or halve your excess.

What additional extras are there?

1st for Women will reimburse you for up to $3,000 for laptops, tablets, mobile phones, cameras, and video cameras.

Am I covered if my tour company collapses?

1st for Women doesn’t provide protection from insolvency.

I’m not an Australian resident- can I buy cover?

This insurance is only available to travellers who are citizens or permanent residents of Australia or non-permanent residents who have a valid Medicare Card, Private Health Fund or Overseas Student Travel Insurance in Australia.

What size moped or motorbike am I covered to ride overseas?

You are covered to ride a motorcycle with an engine capacity of 125cc or less. You must also hold a current Australian Motor Cycle Licence to be covered.

How long is their single trip cover for?

12 months.

Can I extend my policy from overseas?

Having too much fun? To extend your trip call 1st for Women on 1800 447 558.

Do they cover for my rental vehicle excess?

Yes, for up to $6,000. Cover excludes commercial vehicles, buses, minibuses, trucks, utes, full-size vans mounted on truck chassis, campervans, off-road vehicles and other recreational vehicles, trailers, motorbikes, motorcycles or moped and any other vehicles having fewer than four wheels, antique cars, limousines, and cars designed purposely for speed or performance.  

Who underwrites them?

Auto & General Insurance Company Limited.

What's their cooling off period?

14 days.

Where are they based?



Under 100
Under 70
30 days
$750 per item limit
Our travel insurance comparison helps you save time, worry and loads of money!